GUACAMOLE DEVILED EGGS
When we go fishing or for any outing or a family gathering, we take good things to munch on. Guacamole Deviled Eggs is one of those dishes we like to take along.
I can make Guacamole Deviled Eggs a day ahead of time and we can still leave before dawn. Be fishing on the river for the hatch and settled in for the mid day nap. Deviled Eggs are usually enjoyed by all. This one came by a tip sent to me by a patron of my facebook art page. I enjoy having the cilantro on top of the deviled eggs and mixed in the yolk mix.
Guacamole Deviled Eggs
Prep time 10 minutes -Total time 30 minutes
Ingredients: for Guacamole Deviled Eggs
6 hard boiled eggs
1 ripe avocado
1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon minced Serrano pepper
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
1 tablespoon chives, chopped
DIRECTIONS: Guacamole Deviled Eggs
- Gently peel the hard boiled eggs and cut in half length wise.
- Scoop out the ls and place in a small bowl. Rinse the whites in water and place hole side down on a paper towel to dry.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Remove the flesh and add to the bowl with the egg yolks.
- With a fork, mash the yolks and avocado together. Add the lime juice and salt, and stir in the chopped herbs and Serrano pepper.
- Flip the egg whites over so the well faces up and generously spoon the avocado mixture into each one.
- Garnish the guacamole deviled eggs with fresh cilantro and or chopped chives. HINT: I also sprinkle a little taco seasoning on the top for added color- go easy on this tho!
- SERVE EM UP!
Be sure to enjoy the guacamole deviled eggs at home or on your next fishing trip.
Make sure to just GO FISH!
See you along the river or on my palette soon.